Just months after the introduction of SkyView Touch, SkyView continues to grow with an 8.33 kHz COM radio, video input capability, and new Version 11 software.
To save time and reduce pilot workload, Dynon’s SV-COM-C25 COM radio includes dedicated buttons for tuning tower, ground, weather, and ATC frequencies. The SV-COM-X83 brings the same capability to Europe with 8.33 kHz frequency spacing. The 8.33 kHz transceiver module is TSO’d, comes in horizontal and vertical versions, and will be available in August for a list price of $2195.
With SkyView 11 software, all SkyView Touch and new SkyView screens can display video in both full-screen and split-screen formats when equipped with a video input adapter. Video sources connect via s-video or composite input. Both NTSC and PAL formats are supported for worldwide compatibility. The video input adapter for SkyView will be available in August for $195.
SkyView 11 Software is a free download for all SkyView customers. Among the more than 60 new features and improvements are:
- A pilot-selectable wide field of view mode for synthetic vision.
- Color-coded airport weather icons on the map when equipped with an SV-ADSB-470 module.
- The ability to synchronize the altimeter setting to the nearest station’s METAR report (when used with an SV-ADSB-470 traffic and weather receiver).
- Support for third-party 8.33 kHz com radios, including the f.u.n.k.e. ATR833, Garmin GTR 225 and GNC 255, and Trig TY91/92.
- Decluttering of airspaces outside of a pilot-specified altitude band above and below the aircraft.