Garmin is inviting customers to attend the company's first annual Garmin Aviation Open House on Thursday, June 11th from 4:00-7:00 PM CDT. Pilots are welcome to visit Garmin Headquarters in Olathe, Kansas to learn more about Garmin, tour the product reliability lab, manufacturing and repair facilities and flight simulator lab. The company will also conduct informational seminars tailored to Garmin avionics and industry-related topics.
The Garmin Aviation Open House schedule will follow the tentative schedule below:
- 3:00 – 4:00 Garmin Lobby: Brief mixer to welcome pilots and customers to the facility
- 4:00 – Official welcome
- 4:30 – Tour our flight simulator lab, Garmin’s our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and product reliability lab
- 5:30 – Four 15-minute educational sessions will highlight the following topics:
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B)
- GTN 650/750 touchscreen series
- Garmin Pilot
- G3X Touch
- 6:30 – Closing and exciting prize drawings!
Garmin is conveniently located four miles West of Johnson County Executive airport (KOJC) in Olathe, which is a brief 10-minute drive from Garmin Headquarters. Guests who will be flying in should park at KCAC Aviation. KCAC has graciously offered a $0.25 per gallon discount for anyone who flies in for this event (please notify the line staff when placing your fuel order). A shuttle will be provided to take pilots and guests between the airport and Garmin headquarters.
In addition to the Olathe Aviation Open House, Garmin will be hosting an additional event in Salem, Oregon on June 25th from 4:00-7:00 PM. Space for both evens is limited to 200 attendees. Visit Garmin’s Aviation Open House Registration website to RSVP.
Registration page: http://www8.garmin.com/aviation/open-house/index.html