PS Engineering introduced a new general aviation audio panel - the PMA450B. This entry embodies all of the parts from the evolution of the series into one multi-talented system.
The key to the PMA450B's capability is a second Bluetooth® module, which can serve as either an additional music input, or stream audio out to a device such as a Bluetooth-enabled video camera, capturing the sights and sounds of the flying experience.
According to Vice President, Gary Picou, "with our crisp OLED display and menu selections, it doesn't matter how much capability and performance we stuff into this box, it can all be accessed and manipulated in a minimum of key strokes."
Included in the PMA450B's skill set are:
- Two completely independent Bluetooth® audio devices
- flightmate® audio alert system
- IntelliAudio® true dimensional sound
- Streaming output for video cameras
- Count Down / Count Up timer
- Enhanced Copilot as passenger configuration
- Radio Playback with visual context
- Wireless and hard-wired phone interface
- Caller ID and device battery level
- Receiver Monitor Mode
- Music 1, Music 2, BT1, BT2 independent music selection for pilot, copilot and passengers. Simultaneous sources for ForeFlight® & Music
- 15 watt USB-c charger
- Independent music muting selection for pilot, copilot and passengers
- Independent music volume controls for pilot, copilot and passengers
- Alternate Intercom - crew friendly - mode
- IntelliVOX® automatic VOX
- Volume control over radio sources
"When we introduced the PS Streamer Module in 2016, we added audio output capability for video and audio recording," continues Scheuer, "Now we've added additional capability with a second Bluetooth® input, which provides more utility for the connected devices that are omnipresent in the cockpit, like Electronic Flight Bags that provide important audio alerts. With the PMA450B, you can have your phone, your ForeFlight®, and your music too!"
The PMA450B wraps it all up, including a count up/down timer and flightmate®. When flightmate® is connected to external triggers, such as an oil pressure sensor, flightmate® will sound a pilot-recorded alert are the factory "canned" messages can be used.
All this without a price increase. The PMA450B has a list price of $2,595, including a Marker Beacon. Shipments will begin Mid-April 2018.