Sonex Aircraft will hold the first-ever SubSonex Factory Seminar on Thursday, July 26th during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh! The event will take place from 3-5 pm at Sonex Aircraft factory headquarters on the East side of Wittman Regional Airport, and will be a very-focused informational session for those seriously considering purchase of a SubSonex.
Topics will Include:
- SubSonex Walk-Around, Design Overview and Brief History
- The PBS TJ-100 Turbojet Engine
- Flight Characteristics, Pilot Qualifications and Training
- Aircraft Certification in Exhibition and Amateur Built Categories
- What to do with Your Jet? Recreational Flying, Airshows and even Air Racing!
- Project Overview: Completing a SubSonex Kit
- John Monnett: Sonex Aircraft, LLC owner, designer of the SubSonex and SubSonex pilot. John Monnett is a multi-thousand hour private pilot, aircraft designer, and the founder of Sonex Aircraft, LLC. John become a jet pilot just before his 70th birthday, and the EAA Homebuilders Hall of Fame inductee had to design his own jet -- the SubSonex -- in order to make his jet dreams come true.
- Bob Carlton: SubSonex airshow pilot, owner of the SubSonex training program. Bob Carlton is a renowned airshow pilot, known for his Super Salto jet saiplane and SubSonex day and night pyro airshow performances. The Bill Barber Award recipient pioneered the use of the PBS TJ-100 turbojet engine in the United States and was the chief test pilot for the SubSonex Personal Jet development program. Bob also runs the SubSonex transition training program at his home base in Moriarty, NM via his two-place BonusJet sailplane.
- Pete Zaccagnino: 3-time Reno Gold Champion race pilot, SubSonex race pilot. Pete is a 21,000 + pilot and Reno jet course qualifying lap record holder at 529 mph, but he saw a unique opportunity in the SubSonex to bring new levels excitement and accessibility to jet pylon racing. At the 2018 Pylon Racing Seminar in June, Pete qualified the SubSonex to Race at Reno!
- Paul Dye: Kitplanes Magazine Editor-in-Chief, SubSonex qualified pilot and new SubSonex kit customer. Paul Dye needs no introduction if you're active in homebuilding. The editor in chief of one of our industry's flagship publications earned a SubSonex LOA to write a flight review for Kitplanes, and has been missing the aircraft ever since!
Transportation Available from AirVenture Grounds:
Attendees of this seminar may drive directly to Sonex Aircraft factory headquarters (see map), or take advantage of Sonex Aircraft shuttles from AirVenture grounds. Passengers will be given a time to meet at the Sonex exhibit booth #622 to be transported to the event, and transportation will be provided back to AirVenture grounds at the conclusion of the event. Space is limited, and transportation sign-ups will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
RSVP is required to attend this Free Event. Customers can register at: https://www.sonexaircraft.com/subsonex-seminar-airventure-2018/