After conducting studies including customer and team member focus groups from all continents, Continental® is modernizing its name and logo to align its Vision to continuously innovate to be the first choice in General Aviation power.
Continental's® new name and logo were developed to clearly identify key themes, important to all our customers, partners and team members. First, the new name sets Continental Aerospace Technologies™ firmly in its industry segment, aerospace, and aligns closely with key tenets of its Vision including innovation, wide product range, customer support and manufacturing excellence. The logo continues the theme by evoking flight, motion and looking to the future.
"Continental Aerospace Technologies™ is evolving rapidly, we are adding more products to our portfolio, and covering all the needs of general aviation with both gasoline and Jet-A fuel engines. While we continue to innovate and bring new technologies to the market, we are also working to enhance our service, support and manufacturing. This is one of the key components to offer superior performance to our customers. Bringing our brand into the 21st century is only the first step in 2019.", said Christopher Kuehn, VP of Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support. "We will continue to announce new service initiatives, new products, and disruptive technologies, demonstrating our commitment to continuously improve our value proposition to our customers," he added.
Continental Aerospace Technologies™ has been a leader in General Aviation throughout its 115-year history. Starting with standard radial engine concepts in 1905, the company began innovating engine architectures and controls. Its firsts include bringing fuel injection, turbocharging, FADEC, and Jet-A piston engines into the General Aviation market. Continental Aerospace Technologies™ continues to invest in its technology, manufacturing and customer service to innovate into the future.
Today, Continental® offers three families of piston engines, both certified and experimental, allowing for continued operations of legacy and current production airframes:
- Continental® Certified Legacy AvGas Line: is a family of AvGas burning engines ranging from 90 to 375 HP. (Cessna® 152, C170, C172, C182, C206, C207, TTX, Columbia® 300/400 series, Mooney® 20R, Acclaim®, Piper® Malibu/PA-28, Arrow Turbo®, Seneca®, Beechcraft® Bonanza/Baron, and Cirrus® SR20, SR22, SR22T).
- TITAN™ Experimental Engine Line: is recognized by home aircraft builders as the ideal fit for airframes such as the Vans® kits, Zenith®, Just Aircraft®, TopCub®, and other leading experimental aircraft.
- Jet-A Fueled Engine Line: Continental® is also the undisputed leader in Jet-A fueled engines, with the widest product range (including seven different engines, offering a power output of 135 to 300 HP), over 6,000 engines delivered to the field and more than 7,000,000 hours in service. These engines are the primary choice of airframe manufacturers for their Jet-A offering: Piper Aircraft®, Robin Aircraft®, and Glasair®. Retrofit solutions are also available for popular airframes such as the Cessna® C172 Skyhawk, Piper® PA-281 and Diamond® DA-40/-42.
- Accessories: Continental® also designs, manufactures, and distributes key accessories for general aviation power solutions such as fuel systems, ignition systems (formerly known as "Bendix® magnetos"), alternators and turbos for Jet-A engines, and Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) systems for both gasoline and Jet-A engines.
- Services: Over the years, Continental® has also built a service offering for aircraft operators and owners. These services include engine overhauls at the Continental® factory service center (Continental®, TITAN™, and LYCOMING®* engines), factory overhauls for Continental® AvGas engines, shock inspections, fleet overhaul programs, Jet-A burning engine retrofits, airframe and power plant maintenance (Beechcraft®, Cessna®, Diamond®, and Piper®), PT6 turbines overhauls and repairs, and avionics and interiors installation and services.