A Stoddard-Hamilton (Glasair Aviation now) sport plane kit that is partially assembled.
Photos show current stage of assembly.
Assembly already done:
- Wings are hung.
- Pitot tube installed.
- Cabin air vent installed in their jigs.
- Wings partially covered waiting for fuel tanks.
- Electric components installed.
- (Fuselage halves were joined at the factory.)
Included: Two large notebook-size instruction manuals; records and photos of work done so far.
- “Jump-Start” Fuselage
- “Jumpstart-Option” Wing
- Electric Trim
- Tricycle option
- Heated Pitot Tube
- Tail Kit
- Electric Elevator Trim Kit
- Option Fuel Tanks
- Nav/Strobe Light Installation Kit
- Cabin Heat Valve
- Wing Jig Brackets
- Cleveland Wheels and Brakes
- Cabin air vent
The following information from Glasair:
“Year after year the GlaStar has receive top honors at Oshkosh, Sun-N-Fun, and other fly-ins. The GlaStar has exceptional safety, ingenious folding wings, and the best assembly manuals in the industry. Designed for the first time builder, it features durable, modern construction, and aerospace-grade materials throughout.”
- Fuselage length 22 ft, 4 in
- Wing span 35 ft
- Cabin width at hip 44 in
- Useful load – typical 710-760 lbs.
- Top speed – 160 hp 167 mph
- Stall speed – full flaps 49 mph
- Range 1,008 miles